The S.O.A.R programme may be requested for students in the following circumstances:
- Exclusion after the 5th day of a fixed term suspension
- Health issues
- Safeguarding issues
The S.O.A.R programme will provide the following during the student's stay:
- A safe educational environment for the student
- Daily attendance update for the Commissioning Body
- Supervision and support with the work set by the Commissioning Body
- Therapeutic sessions with a member of the Inclusion team to address the reasons why they are on the Programme.
- Student work returned for marking
- A strategy bank and pupil voice will be provided at the end of the placement
- Lunch – this is inclusive of costs
Commissioning Sites must provide and ensure:
- A member of staff accompanies the student on their first day for a brief settling in procedure.
- Work for the student to complete prior to their start date.
- Transport to HAA if required/a barrier to attend.
- Student wears their full School uniform.
- Provide all relevant information, at least 48 hours prior to the student starting, including contact details and any information that allows the student to be safeguarded effectively
Requests for applications/queries about the programme should be sent to Ms Jamieson, Admissions Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org