The Academy Day
The Academy shares facilities with Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form and is also in very close vicinity to two other Harris academies. The travel plan for HPS6F has always been designed in such a way that staggered starts for year groups are necessary to avoid “bottle necking” of transport systems and being mindful of the local community.
With the “reopening of schools guidance” there have been further changes to the start and finish times and process to minimise potential risk to students. The
The academy has put in the following actions.
- Tutor Time is conducted online via MS Teams until guidance changes
- Enrichment has been suspended for on-site activity until guidance changes
- Students are not allowed off site during the school day for Lunch
- The timetable has been configured into 2 bubbles for Aspire students:
- Apollo House – GCSE/CNAT students
- Mercury House – Construction students
- The timetable has different start and finish times for the two bubbles
The timings for the three pathways are outlined below:
After hours study support (suspended until guidance changes)
The Academy has a planned program of out of hours learning, the details of these plans will be circulated to staff and parents or carers at the start of each academic year. They will be coordinated by the assistant principal in charge of study support and will include: