The students awarded places here will know that we have extremely high expectations, both for their day-to-day performance and for their futures.
The objectives we have set ourselves to be achieved for 2020-21 are:
- To develop effective Pedagogical strategies further for blended learning ensuring quality of education remains consistently high considering COVID-19 restrictions and students/staff self-isolating at home.
- To make effective use of additional funding and additional curriculum time for catch up sessions for all students who have significant gaps in Learning from the Lockdown period in academic year 2020/21.
- To embed and develop the curriculum offer further for September 2020 with a broader, flexible subject offer and ensure that it meets the needs of all students on roll for Harris Aspire regarding vocational and GCSE provision fully reflecting the provision at HPS6F.
- To ensure that all lessons are carefully planned to meet the needs of all students including the more able students to ensure that they are appropriately challenged and make rapid and sustained progress.
- To improve further on 4+ % grades for Subjects overall.
- To ensure no gap for Pupil Premium students in English and Maths.
- To ensure no gap for SEND students in English and Maths.
Behaviour and Attitudes
- To develop House structure to manage high level of Pastoral support for students to facilitate clear lines of pastoral support and communication mindful of the integration of year 11 with year 12.
- To educate, monitor, evaluate and action student attitudes towards any bias or discrimination in term of the LGBT and Black communities making use of third party and therapeutic support on offer.
- To maintain high level of discipline and behaviour
- To ensure attendance levels move closer to national standards over the academic year.
- To improve parent engagement with behaviour and attitudes of their son/daughter to work collaboratively to ensure successful outcomes.
- To further work with commissioning schools once year placement has ended to ensure a successful reintegration.
- To actively support all students regarding their welfare and mental wellbeing particularly with the additional strain of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To educate, monitor, evaluate and action student attitudes towards any bias or discrimination in terms of the LGBT, disabled and ethnic background communities.
- To ensure Safeguarding is thorough and that students are fully aware so they can deal with issues inside and outside of the Academy
- To educate our learners on the impact of COVID 19 and to develop their communal responsibility to keep everyone safe through good practice and following guidance.
- To provide a comprehensive Enrichment programme despite COVID-19 restrictions for Year 12 and 13 students that enthuses and develops challenge including additional intervention for re-sit students to ensure successful outcomes at end of year.
- To ensure students have access to excellent careers information and guidance and have meaningful employer interactions.
- To ensure that all students have secured appropriate destinations for further higher education at the end of their tenure at Aspire.
- To develop further an effective student voice for Aspire with introduction of House based Student Council.
Leadership and Management
- To support all staff regarding their workload and mental wellbeing
- To review all documentation and processes considering the BLM agenda to ensure that implicit or institutional bias is identified and removed to ensure equality, justice, equity, and nondiscrimination for all key stakeholders in the academy through effective CPD and monitoring.