The students awarded places here will know that we have extremely high expectations, both for their day-to-day performance and for their futures.
The objectives we have set ourselves to be achieved for 2019-20 are:
- To ensure attendance levels meet national standards over the academic year.
- To embed the curriculum offer for September 2019 with the broader offer and ensure that it meets the needs of all students on roll for Harris Aspire with regard to vocational and GCSE provision.
- To ensure that the MER (monitoring evaluation and review) is regular and rigorous with appropriate actions made (quality of teaching, student progress, attendance, behaviour) to ensure rapid progress.
- To ensure that the provision for More Able and students with SEND is meeting the needs of all students in all subjects.
- To develop and review the Skills for Work and Life Program to ensure effectiveness and positive impact across the academy.
- To build on successful strategies with the AWO to re-engage school refusers more quickly.
- To provide a comprehensive Enrichment programme for Year 11 students that enthuses and develops challenge.
- To establish an effective student voice.
- To develop effective reintegration into commissioning schools once year placement has ended.
- To develop the assessment tracking system to include therapeutic and additional support to measure impact.
We will achieve these objectives by addressing the individual needs of students; breaking down barriers to learning; personalising their curriculum and teaching styles; providing high quality support for a wide range of different needs from Day One of a student’s Harris Aspire education; and putting in place appropriate stretch and challenge for more able students who have fallen behind.